Monday, June 25, 2012

A Word From Jude: How To Build Our Spirit Man Up


Not too long ago our family had a short span of days where due to a certain event in our lives, things were just completely chaotic.  It seemed like there was no end.  Every day was a wave of emotion from the situation, which could have completely been destructive if anyone would have acted on our emotions, which is never a good thing.

At the end of this frame of time, I looked back and wondered why I had been so distressed and perplexed?  Why was it so obvious that the experience of the days prior to my moral inventory were so huge that they border lined panic stage?

Well, for one, I had gone all of those days not spending any time with the Father.  And while evaluating and inspecting my own fruit, I found that I had been praying, but it was the “Help me Oh Lord” and not the kind of time where there was actually a dialog with Him, so He could say “Sit quietly with me, and let me talk to you a while”.  There was no reading scripture that would build up my Spirit man, my soul.

So basically, I let the chaotic days upset my apple cart instead of going to the Father who alone gives me strength and peace.  Really?  Don’t I know better by now?  I do.  We all do.  Sometimes, we can get caught up in our situations; and not let God have it so that He can “work things out for our good"!!!! (Romans 8:28)
  
Then I came across the scripture in Jude that stuck out to me like a flashing neon sign.  Jude was referring to the troubling times before Christ’s return, but what he said should be done over and over in our walk with Christ, through every experience.

In the Message Bible, in Jude 1:20-21 says this:

But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in the most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God’s love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ.  This is the unending life, the real life!

So, there it is plain and simple.  We must take the time to spend time in the word and with the Father, so that we will be comforted, strengthen and confident in our faith.  There is no substitution.  None.  A relationship of any kind will be cultivated in order to grow.  And because of this fact, our relationship with our Heavenly Father needs that same kind of attention.

Don’t let life’s events create chaos in your spirit.  Take it all to the Father, He wants to take all of our cares and carry them for us.  And He always creates a better outcome than we will.  Every time.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I thank you for each soul that is reading this today. I praise You for Your faithfulness to each of us daily; always there to comfort and guide us.  May a passion for your presence daily, transform us more to Your likeness and live out Your strength within us.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

Blessings friends. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment