Friday, June 8, 2012

It's All about Timing

It is amazing how timing affects everything that we do.  It makes a good thing wrong, or it can make it right.  I have many times been on both sides of this truth; and looking back now, I can see that even though we thought that we "knew" it all; even though we actually made some right decisions when others didn't, there was always this element of timing that sometimes escapes young adulthood. 

How many times have we all looked back and remembered something that we wished we had done differently?  I can remember that I, like others have said " I would only go back if I could know then what I know now"  In Ecclesiastes 3:1 says that there is a season for everything.  And through vs 8 He names most of the things that we will experience.  Even in naming the "good and the bad" things in life, He has a season for each. I guess that leaves room for life not being perfect too? Thankfully !

So once we realize this, what is next?  Prov 1:7 and Prov 9:10 (Amp) says, "A reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge."  I believe that once we grow up and stop "doing" everything that we think we should do (in other people's eyes), what we want, and all around stop doing what everyone else is doing; We can then step back and take a look and see just how awesome God really is. 

You know what it's like to meet someone and think "Wow, they are really fun people, I'd like to get to know them"  and before you know it you have made some pretty incredible friends...... Well my friend, God is sitting back and waiting on us to see Him that way.... the cool thing is, He is content to give us time to try and figure life out, knowing that we will realize He is there.  He does this because He wants our relationship to be not only engaged by us, but for us to realize that He loves us enough to take care of us and that we want a relationship in return.

Isn't that amazing !! As a parent, I've spent time making sure that our children do the things that they should, so that they will know the difference of right and wrong when they are on their own.  I look back and know that God has set up times and seasons of learning so that one day I would get it right, and reflect His heart day after day, knowing that a real relationship with Him is the most treasured thing above my family that I could ever have...... again, He is so amazing to me !

When you read on down Ecclesiastes 3 NIV,  vs.11a it says this: "He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has set eternity in the human heart" ...... It is such a comfort to know that we will not always get it right, but that there is a season for that ...... Failure is not the end, but a lesson.  As soon as we look at life like this, the sooner we will learn to enjoy the journey.  This is why I started this blog.  I want others to learn to enjoy the journey because we can see that there is always hope in Christ !

Blessings my friends..... Enjoy your day !

No comments:

Post a Comment