Thursday, June 7, 2012

Starting The Journey

For a long while now, God has put a passion in me about "growing up" in Christ, which is a journey that we will never arrive. We will always be growing, or not. (Our Choice)

 Then it seemed like that the desire of growing and seeing others grow became a journey itself; and of course, no journey is complete without someone to walk it with.  Physically in life, I can not imagine having to live without Dwayne and the girls.  It just doesn't seem right to think of it any differently.  My walk with God is the same thing, only it's a stronger feeling..... Living without Him just isn't an option.

The only thing about that thought is, it doesn't stop there..... If you say, "I can not live without my Heavenly Father"  It's a nice sentiment; but it can not stay there.  If we do, our relationship with Him will become stagnant very quickly, and before we know it, we wonder if we ever really had a relationship at all. 

So with this in mind I have intentionally wanted and asked God to help me to not only see the words of the Bible in a new light, but fresh and new.  In this journey, God has also planted a desire in me..... I want to learn more...... a lot more; but in this desire, God deposited something else that I didn't really expect at all until I actually said these words myself.  "There's no real point in learning the things of God and keeping it to yourself. The things of God are to be sought out and shared. Hence, in walking this journey, we are to take others with us !"

So, here we are.  Although I am not completely sure about this "blogging thing", I know that I have to do something before I explode, spiritually speaking.  I have no big dreams about what this blog will be.  I can tell you that I have no intention of it becoming an online Bible study or any "real" agenda.  I will only share what I have learned about our journey with Christ, be it from an experience, something that has inspired me in general, or something that I read from the Bible that has really gotten a hold of me, which seems to be happening often.

So here is the invitation..... Walk with me.  Let's find out together what God has for us.  The one thing I can promise is that we haven't even scratched the surface of what He really wants us to have. So let's get walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment