Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Peace After The Storm

  

We have all heard sermons and inspirational quotes about trusting God through the middle of the storm; having peace in the middle of the storm;  And finding Christ in the middle of the storm…….. All of these statements are true and full of what we need for our faith to grow.
This picture was taken by my husband a few days ago after a rain storm….. The sky line was so beautiful and the lake was so peaceful that it was actually somewhat overwhelming to take in at that moment.
I looked out over the water, and begin thinking about after the storm.  I realized that most of the time in our physical and spiritual walk that we will pray for blessings from God.  We prefer blessings rather than experiences with God, not just because it is easier, but mostly because we are afraid of any amount of pain.  Our natural man will always be this way.  But when we spend our efforts avoiding anything that seems to hard, we rob ourselves of many things.  I know this sounds “traditional“ but it’s true.  Think about it:
 *One, we would never know that God is all we need until we REALLY need Him
 *Two, we would not understand God’s faithfulness, until we have walked with Him
* Three, we would never know the peace that we can have once we have dared to believe in God, then we actually can see Him bring us through the storm,  all the way to the end and we then realize that we actually are safe!  
I wish I could have spoken to Peter AFTER he walked on the water to Jesus. (Matt 14:29)  I would love to know what He was thinking.  What he said to the other disciples, if he could speak at all.  Have you ever thought about it?  I know that I have never actually walked on water, but at times when God has brought us through to a miracle, I felt like I could !!    And that is the thought.  We can not just take comfort in knowing that when we are the middle of a storm, He will always meet us there.  He will take us through it and at the end will know His peace and provision!
So I challenge you to trust HIM more, all the way to the end of the experience.  
He never fails us !!                Blessings my friend,  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment