Thursday, June 28, 2012

Learning To Be Content..... Can We Do It?

 


In the last few weeks I have had a few topics on my mind.  And they must have been from God, because now my family and I are presently walking through them. God really does always have a purpose and sense of humor!

For now our family is re-visiting “being content, no matter what situation” that Paul spoke of in Philippians 4.  We have had to wait on the Lord more than once, and God has always provided; so we could sit down with a cup of coffee and speak of faith in God and His provision all day long.  No problem.
 
This time God put a little spin on the situation. Not only is my family waiting for God to open the door that He chooses, but the situation is a little more “uncomfortable” and God is asking, “Are you still content to wait on me?”
 
Now knowing that God doesn’t tempt us, He does give us opportunity to believe in Him for a miracle.  Our youngest daughter is proof of this. So, while we have been waiting on the Lord, it has been deep in my spirit about just how content are we really willing to be, even though we already have the knowledge that God WILL see us through every situation?

When we walk through those seasons of tough experiences, there seems to be something in the back of our minds that questions, “Are we really going to make it through it this time?” or “I don’t see a way out of this.” 

God knows this, and He wasn’t surprised when the man said in Mark 9:23-25, “Lord I believe, but help my unbelief!” That example in Mark shows that our faith may start as the size of a mustard seed, but there will always be opportunity to grow.  And as our faith grows, Paul speaks of learning to be content as the Lord is at work in our lives.

Paul says in Philippians 4:11-13 (NIV) “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

We always quote verse 13.  We say it all the time. But we forget why Paul could make this declaration.  The reason why is, that Paul had walked a path with Heavenly Father so closely, that he knew no matter what he would face, he would never face it alone. And when the Word says that He (our Heavenly Father) will work all things out for our good; Paul knew that it was true. He had experienced this and knew that our experiences are temporary. God always has a plan.

So as our family stands, waiting on God to open His door of opportunity, we will wait with the knowledge that God will always come through so that we will have a testimony of His goodness in our lives. We will be content until then.  But as we wait, I want to encourage you to believe in the only One who will deliver you out of your personal situation; the only One who will see you through to the end of your season, bringing you into the next.

He is Faithful, and He loves you; He sees everything that concerns you. Nothing escapes Him, and better yet, Our Heavenly Father has the solution.  Trust Him today; I promise, it will be worth it!!! And then you can share with someone else, the goodness of God in your life.  You were meant to share with others, so that means, you have a story to tell !!

Blessings friends, Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment