Friday, October 5, 2012

Psalms 139 Part 2

This prayer above is the essence of what the next segment of verses is saying. What we should be praying. Let's take a look at what chapter 139 says next.

Psalms 139: 7-12
7 I can never escape from your Spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
8 If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave, you are there.
9 If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.
11 I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night—
12 but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.
To you the night shines as bright as day.
Darkness and light are the same to you.

What an opening statement for this entry!!  The author of this Psalm is not only being transparent to God about reconizing who He is, but also that from his life experiences, the psalmist has wanted or even tried to run.  Have you ever been there?  Have you ever had something happen in your life to where you thought that it was better to quit.... maybe it seemed like the right thing to do, or maybe you thought you would just feel better if you ran away, or get away from that situation?  Friend, let me declare first and foremost, that running from a situation is never the answer.  All that happens when we run, is that we will end up in a place where we will deal with the same or similar situation, thus giving us an opportunity to make the correct choice this time around. 

I remember a time when I have made statements like, "I don't ever want to deal with this again!"
Of course, I meant it when I said it, but did I make the decisions or take the appropriate measures needed to insure that I would not go through that again?  For example, more often than we care to admit it, we have this vision in our heads of the perfect person for us; who it is that we want to spend the rest of our lives with.  How often is God at the center of these types of decisions?

In any situation in our lives, there are some things that we are to do, or we can expect a problem.  The Psalmist is saying, "no matter where I go, you are there" And oh how true it is! so with this knowledge, what is the first thing that we should do, in making a decision?  If He is the one that is always there, shouldn't we get His take on the situation?  Since His word is our guideline, when we are reading His word, we should be looking for answers to the issues of life.  He should never be left out of the equation.

God must be in the center of  EVERY decision that is put before us, in all situations.  His Word, The Word of God, must be the guideline of every thought process that we have. The Holy Spirit must be the guide that helps us search out God's will for our lives while we are reading and seeking God's plan for our lives.  I pray with all of my heart and soul that we understand how vital this is.  And it is not hard to do, except that we are used to acting upon a situation according to what we think and feel.  Now that last part doesn't sound bad, but if what we think or feel is not in complete harmony and obedience to what God is saying in His Word, then we make mistakes even when our intensions are good.

I implore you.  Ask your Heavenly Father to guide you by the Holy Spirit to the Word of God which has our answers for every situation.  In prayer time, ask God for Him to reveal what it is that He has for you in this season of your life, and confirm it through His word, and by direction of the Holy Spirit. Please do not run from Him, but run to Him. 

Our Heavenly Father will always see you through every situation in your life. Trust in Him! He is right there with you!

Have a great day Friends !!

No comments:

Post a Comment