Thursday, October 4, 2012

Psalms 139 Part 1


Good Morning!
This entry is actually going to be split into three entries.... The book of Psalms in the Bible has so many verses and choruses for every situation that we could ever find ourselves in.  Every type of emotion that we have felt in our lives, have been expressed in the Psalms.  It can be quite amazing to search it all out.  The verses of the song above are taken from the chaper below, and shows the expression of knowlege of the truth; How transparent we should be with God, and how He is with us, when we let Him in the inner most part of our heart.

In this set of entries, lets focus on three sections of Psalms 139. 
It's amazing how well God knows us, and how easily we forget that He does.  Let's take a look at :

Psalm 139:1-6 NLT
1 O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!


Oh how amazing it is to have a Heavenly Father who does know us so well, that He knows what we think, and what we will say, even before we do. This amazes me in the fact that in all of my flaws, mistakes and even my thoughts, God knows me, loves me and calls me his child despite these imperfections!  And it is the same for us all.  There are no big "I"s or little "u"s in the kingdom of Heaven.  When we except Christ as our Savior, the one who sacrificed Himself for our freedom from a sinful nature and gave us eternal life, we became Heirs with Christ.  I am not sure how you feel about this, but I stay completely amazed that God would love me enough to send Christ to be the sacrifice for all of my imperfections, and give me the opportunity for not only a better life on this earth, but an eternal one as well. 

Let's take a look at verse 5.
"You go before me and follow me.
  You place your hand of blessing on my head".....

When we are going through situations in our lives, we can know that God knows it all, He is before us and behind us [He has us Covered] and He puts His hand of blessing upon us!!!!  Just picture that in your mind for a moment, The Heavenly Father gently laying his hand upon your head, blessing you.... Isn't that amazing!

The Lord has such a love for us, His children, that we can not fully comprehend.  Imagine the greatest expression of love that you can  possibly give and multiply that times infinity!!! It's hard to grasp this concept.  Nevertheless it is truth, so do not spend another day without knowing that you know, that you know, that you know: That God has us taken care of in every situation in our lives.  Nothing gets past him, nothing catches Him off guard.  He is our Father, and He has a plan for your life.  All we have to do is trust Him.
 Keep trusting Him and learn to trust Him more; He loves you, cares for you and has a plan for your life!  In the end of each situation, you will be amazed in what He can do in spite of our mistakes!  I'll meet you here tomorrow for part 2.... Be blessed friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment