Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Purposed In His Presence


There is something that I have experienced before, and recently it happened again causing me to reflect for a moment. We have all been in this place. It's nothing new, nor is it exclusive to only me. [Insert grin] This is what happened.  Because of the events of the very LONG day before I was so tired this specific morning, that I just couldn't hardly put one step in front of the other.  I literally had to keep pushing one foot moving in front of the other to get the day started with all that this entails; husband to work, home school rolling on, taking the dog out, then desperately hanging on to a cup of coffee hoping that it would help. (and it didn't help as much as I would have liked) It was one of those mornings that I needed a second cup without the time.  Then I remembered that I was supposed to be at the church for prayer at 9 am.  I thought to myself, can I even drive?  I was that tired.  But I knew that I couldn't stay this way, I said a quick Lord Help Me and kept going.  But something had to change.

Normally when I go to the church at different times for prayer, it's not prayer for me, that's the kind of prayer that I pray at home.  Rather it's to minister to God, praying for His Will and Plan to come to fruition in the body of believers, in the leadership of the church, and more importantly for the salvation and transformation of the lost in our community, our City.  And on this morning, I was struggling to focus on just praising Him.  I couldn't hardly get passed first base, per say.  So I got down on my face before the Lord, and no, I didn't go to sleep. :)  I just simply told God the truth quietly:  That I loved Him and thanked Him for the Honor of praying for His people..... but I needed help.  On this day, as an intercessor, I didn't do what I always do. It wasn't the time to declare the [actual] Word of God over our city, nor was it time to "stand on the wall" and pray over everything that is happening in our congregation.  And believe me, Great things ARE happening!  It wasn't the time for all of that, it was time to Worship and Bless the Lord, and I was struggling. So you see, we can't always be "Susie, Super Spiritual"  where ever we are, all the time. There will always be times that we need help. And I was definitely there.

So in the middle of being quiet and honest before the Lord, He was ready to do His job, especially because I was struggling.  While the prayer music was playing, you could feel the Holy Spirit step in and take over.  I wasn't saying much of anything, yet my heart was crying out to God, and immediately you could feel His Refreshing Presence enter the room.  The excessive tiredness began to subside along with the fogginess that came with it. Suddenly, I could realize that I was praying what  needed to be prayed, and it wasn't "Lord help me" anymore. It was the prayers that He wanted to be prayed. You see, when we learn to submit ourselves to Christ and the leading of the Holy Spirit [in all things], the Holy Spirit will guide and direct us. And in this instance, He was praying the prayers that needed to be said, while refreshing and restoring me at the same time.  He just good like that!

So don't ever be intimidated or afraid to be honest with God, no matter what the situation is.  Always go to Him first, and then .... always be honest.  He understands  how we feel, but He is waiting for us to bring it to Him..  He has our answers, He's ready to refresh us and give us strength, but we must bring it to Him first.  He is ready to give us the Great Exchange: His strength for our weakness, His joy for our mourning, a Mantle of Praise for our heaviness.  It is all there in His Presence, and He is waiting for You!!

Have a Wonderful Day in Jesus Name.
Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment