Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Being A World Changer: It Can Really Happen

 

I once had a neighbor who must be one of the sweetest women on the planet.  Her name is Ms. Ann, and she always, always has a smile on her face. I mean one of those smiles that come from the inside out.  And even though she is getting up in years, she still smiles every time she sees you.
 
She was our neighbor for about 13 years, and she was her same cheerful self day in, and day out; always taking care of us and everyone else on our street.  She was never a busy body, not wanting to pry; but when you needed her, she was right there ready to help anyway she could.

I remember that many years ago, while wanting to improve her health, she began walking multiple times a day, and normally each time was with a different neighbor. She loves everyone and she loves to tell of how good God is and has always been to her.  Even when times were rough, she always had something to give God thanks for.

She now has been married to her husband, just under twenty five years, and I remember how hard he stern he was, just in general; so it would amaze me how joyful she was.  They had not been married very long when Dwayne and I tied the knot.

Now several years later, Ms Ann was one of the very few people that I confided in when I had a battle with Melanoma. (That will be an entry for another day.)  The reason that I shared with her and not many others, was simply that if I asked, she would believe with me for my healing, and not speak death over me like most people will do.  I meant that God was going to see me through it and I wasn’t going to settle for anything less!

She believed with me, and long story short, God spared my life and gave us the child that we had been praying for, for many years.  A couple of years later she had a bout with breast cancer, as far too many women do.  One morning while we were walking, she said, “Donna, if God could work so dramatically in your life, I can’t help but know that God will help me too!”

And needless to say, God is no respecter of persons.  She was walking on cloud nine for weeks!!  But this is the best part about her.  When we moved there, she, Dwayne and I were the only ones who had a relationship with Father God.  And daily, before we moved and after, she has always spoke of God’s goodness.  Now on this street, several people, including her husband, is going to church with her and has given their life to Christ!!! She has consistently and single-handedly pointed many people to Christ and has encouraged countless others, having no degree in theology.

Now my question is this: What would happen if we had a “Ms. Ann” in every town in America?  How about one on every street? What an influence the church would have.  It’s not about the church, that’s just where we meet.  But the change is taken to the streets! It’s you and me passionately pointing the world to Christ. One can not change the whole world, but we can be a world-changers by shining the light of Christ to others around us! Like I said before, sometimes the highways are not so far away!

How awesome is that!

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your blessings in my life, and I thank You for each one that is reading this entry.  I thank You for the things that You are bringing to pass in their lives, and that will be a testimony to others of Your goodness, mercy and grace.  I thank You that in Luke 11:13 You tell us how You want to give us good things; but You want our souls to be blessed more than the physical things of this life.  So bless and comfort my friends today as they wait on You, and may we become world changers for YOU! In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Blessings my friends, Have a great day !!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Donna!You are a world changer and I'm thankful to call you friend! God Bless and keep spreading the Word!

    Tim Comeaux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog, Donna! I love the way you think!

    ReplyDelete